In today's society, enterprises must improve their competitiveness if they want to develop. However, many equipment in the machining plant of the author's factory are old, which can not meet the production demand of high efficiency and full load. These equipment will still need to be used for spare parts processing before they have been replaced. Therefore, in order to improve the efficiency, the utilization of these devices must be maximized. The fixture introduced in this paper makes the parts that can only be processed on the planer, but also can be processed on the ordinary horizontal lathe, which greatly improves the working efficiency and reduces the labor intensity of the staff. This fixture is a special fixture for machining chain plate on horizontal lathe. It is simple to use and has high efficiency. Similar shape workpiece can also be processed by this fixture.
1. Analysis of the processing status and reasons of chain plate
The end face of chain board can only be processed by planer. All the planer in the factory is old-fashioned shaper. When processing chain board, use flat mouth vise on planer to clamp 5-7 chain plates according to the thickness of chain board. If too many clamps are installed, the clamping force of flat jaw vise is insufficient, the workpiece will shift, resulting in workpiece out of tolerance and waste products. Because the machining method of planer is reciprocating straight-line movement, if there is no clamping workpiece, it is easy to fly out at the moment of collision between planer and workpiece, and accidents occur. Planer is reciprocating straight line intermittent processing, only half of the stroke in the reciprocating process is working hard. Therefore, the processing efficiency of planer is very low, and the labor intensity of the staff is very high, which leads to high production cost. If the work efficiency is not improved in the high-efficiency operation enterprises, for some fixed repair plans, the repair cannot be carried out on time due to the reasons of spare parts, which will have a great impact on production and bring many losses to the enterprise.
2. Improvement measures
In order to solve the problem of improving the efficiency of chain plate production in the existing equipment of the factory, a special fixture for machining chain plate on lathe is designed. The fixture can be installed on three claws of the self centering chuck, which solves the problem of the connection between the clamp and the chuck. According to the principle of planer flat jaw vise, the chain plate can be processed by lathe by clamping the chain plate in the clamp with pressing bolt. Because lathe is rotary motion, it can be processed continuously, which is much more efficient than planer.
3. Fixture design and manufacture
A fixture is designed to process on a lathe, so as to improve the efficiency of machining. The design and manufacture of the fixture are as follows.
1) Cut a piece of board material by air, turn it to the size by lathe, and the two sides of the circular plate shall be flat; a step shall be generated on one side and the middle car shall be concave; then, the bolt hole connected with chuck claw shall be drilled on the drilling machine to make the clamp base, as shown in Figure 1.
Fig. 1 fixture base
2) Cut two square board materials by air, plane all six surfaces to the size with planer, and ensure that they are normal cuboids. On one board, plane out some even grooves with planer, and drill 2 safety retaining screw holes on the drill machine according to the size. Two safety guard screw holes and five screw holes for pressing bolts are drilled on the other plate according to the size. Make clamp baffle as shown in Figure 2.
Fig. 2 clamp baffle
3) The bottom 6 equal waist right angle triangle board materials, use planer to plane all the surfaces, must ensure the right angle of the triangle plate, make the rib plate of clamp baffle.
4) Turn out the screw bolts matching the screw holes on the clamp baffle plate.
5) Weld two clamp baffles in the middle of the fixture base, and the two baffles are separated from each other for a certain distance (see Fig. 3).
6) Weld the rib plate on the outside of the two clamp baffles to increase the strength of the baffle (see Figure 3).
Fig. 3 location of baffle and rib
7) Two U-shaped safety baffles (see Fig. 4) are made of slats, which are installed at both ends of the baffle plate, and are bolted with the clamp baffle. The safety baffle is connected with the bolt with a chute, which can slide on the bolt, so that the safety baffle can be adjusted according to the length of the workpiece. The final chain plate clamp is shown in Figure 5.
Figure 4 safety damper
Fig. 5 chain plate clamp
1 - compression bolt 、2 - clamp base 、3 - rib plate、
4-clamp baffle 、5 - safety bolt 、6 - Safety baffle
4. Usage method and effect
1) Install the chain plate clamp on the lathe chuck, fasten with bolts, and the fixture is installed. Place the chain plate to be processed between two clamp baffles, press and align with the pressing bolts on the baffle plate, and then fix it according to the length of chain plate to prevent the chain plate from being thrown out of the clamp during processing, and then the chain plate can be turned, as shown in Figure 6.
Fig. 6 installation of chain plate clamp
2) After using chain clamp, the machine can be processed on the lathe, and the following effects can be achieved: ① the machining efficiency of chain plate can be increased to more than 3 times. ② Reduce the labor intensity of the staff. ③ Expand the scope of lathe machining workpiece. ④ Ensure the quality of the processed work piece. ⑤ Reduce equipment wear and depreciation and reduce maintenance costs. ⑥ The surface quality of chain plate is improved and improved when the cutting performance is improved.
5. Closing remarks
1) For this kind of rectangular workpiece, it is generally processed by planer. After using the clamp, it can be processed by lathe. 2) Efficiency of machining box by lathe compared with planer